Anyone out today?

Rides, bike talk, advice, etc.

Moderators: admin, IanTaylor

pedallingphil

Anyone out today?

Post by pedallingphil » Sun Mar 20, 2022 6:56 pm

Hi All,
I planned to ride today and arrived in Bishops Waltham in plenty of time, thinking erroneously, that the meet would be the usual by the pond near to the abbey.
Obviously I should have checked a little more closely.
However when it got close to the start time I realised that no-one was there so went onto the website to check directions only to find that the ride no longer showed, only the next one.
How did that happen?
I did a quick ride around BW where I thought others may have met but found no obvious signs
Regards
Phil

thefaller

Re: Anyone out today?

Post by thefaller » Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:07 pm

It definitely need to stay on till the ride starts in case someone like you needs to double check start point.

Steve K

sue m

Post by sue m » Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:19 pm

Hi Phil
Sorry you did not find us today we started from the normal car park where we have started for the last 15 years NF rides have never started by the pond? We also did a check of the other main car park before setting off.

I will forward your comments to Jack who looks after the web-site regarding the what3words and when the ride is removed from the rides list.

Regards

Sue

Jack_L
Site Admin

Post by Jack_L » Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:35 pm

Hi Phil,
I have just been alerted to this issue you have had and have checked the site in various browsers and it all seems to be working as expected.

Can you please confirm if you are still seeing this issue with different locations on the map and the Starting point? If so please can you confirm what browser & device you are using so I can try to replicate this issue?

I also totally agree with the ride staying on the site for longer and have made a change so the ride will remain on the site until the midnight after the ride.

Thanks,
Jack

pedallingphil

Post by pedallingphil » Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:55 pm

Hi Jack,
I've just checked and it seems to have rectified that issue. I am using Chrome on a desk top.
Regards
Phil

pedallingphil

Post by pedallingphil » Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:01 pm

Thanks Sue, you have pm
Phil