Cycling the King Alfred's Way

Rides, bike talk, advice, etc.

Moderators: admin, IanTaylor

PenHarrison

Cycling the King Alfred's Way

Post by PenHarrison » Mon May 16, 2022 5:00 pm

Hey peeps,

Four of us fillies are going to cycle the full King Alfred's Way during half term (Jubilee) week. If you'd like to join us for a day or two, here's our itinerary:

Sunday 29th May - King Alfred's statue to Amesbury (34 miles) staying in Amesbury Travelodge
Monday 30th May - Amesbury to Wroughton (42 miles) staying in Alexandra House Hotel
Tuesday 31st May - Wroughton to Reading (49 miles) staying in Premier Inn Caversham Bridge
Wednesday 1st June - Reading to Farnham (36 miles) staying in Premier Inn Farnham
Thursday 2nd June - Farnham to East Meon (44 miles) staying in The Sustainability Centre
Friday 3rd June - Meon to King Alfred's statue (23 miles)

Just to be clear, I'm not offering to book you into any hotels or sort out your logistics, but simply inviting you to join us and leaving you to sort out how!

Some of our overnight stops are not far from train stations which may make logistics easier for you. Or maybe get a friend or partner to drop you off at one stop and pick you up from another. I think we will aim to set off each morning no later than 9.30am.

Here's all the blurb you need about the King Alfred's Way, including a link to download the route: https://www.cyclinguk.org/king-alfreds-way

We are going to be riding our mtb's and will be self-supported, so carrying all our kit for the 6 days. If you join us anytime after day 2 or 3, we may hum a bit :oops:

Do let us know if you are going to join us or if you need any more information.

Love from the Newforce Fillies: Pen, Shee, Sue and Em

towbardave

Re: Cycling the King Alfred's Way

Post by towbardave » Wed May 25, 2022 8:00 pm

I've got a pass out for the last 2 days...
Where abouts is the start on Thurs? I've secured a room at Sustainability centre for Thursday night, I hope it's OK for me to join you for the last 2 days?
TBD. XX

towbardave

Post by towbardave » Wed May 25, 2022 8:01 pm

I also may have a pass out for Sunday too but may have to slope off at Salisbury to get a train home.

sue m

Post by sue m » Fri May 27, 2022 7:46 am

Hi Dave

On Thursday we will be leaving the Premier Inn Farnham at 9.30 at the latest so if you could be there by 9.15 that would be great. This is a big days riding so we need to leave on time.

towbardave

Post by towbardave » Fri May 27, 2022 6:44 pm

I'll be there for 09.00.