A date for your NewForce diary

Rides, bike talk, advice, etc.

Moderators: admin, IanTaylor

Martin

A date for your NewForce diary

Post by Martin » Sat Oct 21, 2023 7:15 pm

All members are welcome to attend and contribute to the discussion at your Committee Meeting:
- The Swan Inn, Swan Green, on the A35 towards Christchurch just out of Lyndhurst (w3w ///dining.juggled.steered)
- 8pm on Wednesday next week 25th October

Among the discussion points alongside Treasurer’s and Membership reports will be:

a) Club officers – we need a Secretary again, and to bring in Mark as a new newsletter editor.
b) Decide what to do about ride leaders, particularly for the Medium group whose organiser is stepping down.
c) Review comments on the draft ride venues list, and set a plan to beyond the next meeting which will be in February.

Hope to see you there

sue m

Re: A date for your NewForce diary

Post by sue m » Sat Oct 21, 2023 8:49 pm

We need a least another medium group ride regular leader at the moment it is just me on a regular basis and Roger leading a combined medium relaxed ride if there is not a mediaum leader and a couple of very occasional leaders.
One of the reasons I have resigned after many years of organising the medium group rides is due to there not being enough leaders (main leader having decided to stop leading) and therefore the amount of time and effort that would be required to find someone - probably ending up having to lead or provide route - sorting a route is what takes the time when leading.

We also need some new members - can you also discuss this? I can not make the meeting so my suggestions are below.

1. Speak with other clubs and commercial providers of mountain bike rides and training and agree to a joint advertising - we already do this with cycleguides on Facebook. There is a ride provider called Marmalade I think that if we could get them to advertise our rides in exchange for us advertising theirs we could get some new riders. There is also a club with a similar name to ours who offer gravel rides and not on a Sunday be good to speak to them as well.

2. Ask our Facebook members who do not ride why is this - survey? Probably get a small response but could provide some useful info.

3. See if we can advertise in local bike shops or cafes (could we do a write up on their facebook page?) We used to have a leaflet (- could Mark look into this rather than a newletter which based on when we last had one no one contributed to).

4. Do a newbie ride (in the Spring in the better weather?

5. Talk to riders we pass when on NF rides or out on our own - we used to have some business cards to handout.