IS THERE ANYBODY OUT THERE?

Rides, bike talk, advice, etc.

Moderators: admin, IanTaylor

Clive

IS THERE ANYBODY OUT THERE?

Post by Clive » Thu Jun 06, 2024 11:15 pm

We recently had a discussion about this forum: who is using it, what for and by implication, would they miss it if it was removed?
I would be keen to see comments from users as to what they put in to, and get out of, this forum. The posts still seem to clock up large numbers of views, but not much interaction going on.

jonww74

Re: IS THERE ANYBODY OUT THERE?

Post by jonww74 » Fri Jun 07, 2024 7:59 am

Hiya,

I'll check this site whenever I get a notification that a new post has been made. It's useful to check for info for a particular ride/event.

However I also use the Facebook group for the same, both of which don't get updates often.

Not sure how many of the forum 'reads' are actual people or bots 😉

Cheers
Jon

PaulCroll

Post by PaulCroll » Fri Jun 07, 2024 1:26 pm

Hi Clive
This is where I get all the information about the club and any changes to rides etc.
Paul

thefaller

Post by thefaller » Sun Jun 09, 2024 6:54 pm

Hi Clive,
There are still people that don't use Face book.
Even if people don't post on it they still view it for information.
I think it should stay.

Steve Keith

DerekJ

Post by DerekJ » Mon Jun 10, 2024 9:43 am

Hi Clive,
I am one of those people that only use Facebook as a last resort and I would prefer to use the forum.
It is a bit disappointing that there are not more posts on the forum to read, and that I don't know how jonww74 gets notification of new posts, as I find myself checking the forum only to find that there are no new posts to view.

PenHarrison

Post by PenHarrison » Mon Jun 10, 2024 10:35 pm

Hi Clive,
I know of a few members who don’t use Facebook, and they rely on this forum for news and updates on rides.
It’s such a shame that neither this forum, or our Facebook page see very much ‘action’. I guess we just have a club that is not very active online or on social media.
I think this forum should remain so that every member has at least one avenue to communicate ‘publicly’ with other members.
Pen

QuentinB

Post by QuentinB » Tue Jun 18, 2024 12:37 pm

Hi All,

I am happy either way, forum or FB, but it would be useful to standardise on a method of communication to ensure everyone knows where to look. Just my 2p...

Thanks,
Quentin

Roger Shephard

Post by Roger Shephard » Fri Jun 21, 2024 4:59 pm

Sorry, I have been out of circulation for the last couple of months, and still struggling to hold on to my sanity, so I had not seen this thread before today.
I would be sorry to see the Forum disappear. I don't use Facebook for anything so I would miss a contact mechanism if the forum was taken down.