Sunday 6th August

Rides, bike talk, advice, etc.

Moderators: admin, IanTaylor

Roger Shephard

Sunday 6th August

Post by Roger Shephard » Wed Aug 02, 2023 2:23 pm

Despite my assurances that I would be leading a half day ride from Stansted House on Sunday 6th August, I regret that I will not be able to take part in that ride. I have an issue with warranty recall on my car and I have no way of getting to the start point. I am disappointed not be doing the ride because I know that there was a level of interest for a half-day ride where the majority of riders will be joining the full day's outing.

Of course the half-day ride can go ahead without me but I will not be able to take part and lead.

sue m

Re: Sunday 6th August

Post by sue m » Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:06 pm

Any volunteers to lead a half day? If not then unfortunately there will not be a separate half day ride. You could join the medium ride and make your own way back when you needed to leave - however, the route is such that you would probably have to ride 8 or 9 miles on your own.

sue m

Post by sue m » Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:08 pm

PS medium group please bring sandwiches there should hopefully be a late afternoon pub stop or afternoon tea.

taniap

Post by taniap » Fri Aug 04, 2023 3:08 pm

Fast Group - I also suggest bringing your own lunch.
There is a planned pub stop, but difficult to know how busy they will be, and whether any free tables.

Tania