Forthcoming rides - for the attention of NEWBIES

Rides, bike talk, advice, etc.

Moderators: admin, IanTaylor

Roger Shephard

Forthcoming rides - for the attention of NEWBIES

Post by Roger Shephard » Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:56 pm

I have updated the rides list to take in everything from 3rd March to 29th September 2024 and the revised information should be appearing on the "Rides tab" on this webpage in the near future. Be sure to check it out.

One thing that has been requested is a ride to cater for the newer riders in the hope that we can encourage people who are unsure what to expect on a NewForce ride, to come along safe in the knowledge that their particular needs can and will be catered for with regards to speed, difficulty and duration. As there is a time lag between me creating the ride information and it getting to the "Rides tab", here is a cut and paste of what will be published.

I look forward to seeing as many new faces as possible on this ride and hopefully further rides into the future.

Sunday 17th March 2024 MILKHAM INCLOSURE (ref SU 217 103) (What3Words – barn.noodle.enough)

Designated post-ride pub: The Red Shoot Inn, Linwood
This start point is highly recommended and is situated just off the southern end of the old Stoney Cross airfield. The obvious routes from here are through Red Shoot and Linford from where the tracks diverge towards Rockford Common and Abbotts Well in one direction or down towards Picket Post and Burley in the other direction. Burley Outer Rails, Bolderwood, Ogdens, Holly Hatch; all of these are within striking distance.

A NOTE FOR NEWBIES AND THE LESS CONFIDENT RIDER. We have designated this ride as one suitable for newbies and the less confident rider, and so there will be one ride group catering for the appropriate speed and experience levels whilst giving people in this category a ride that will hopefully satisfy their desire to ride off-road and inspire them to seek more opportunities and adventures.